- My Grantmakers In the Arts 2013 Conference. I’m Sensing an Evolution.
- GIA 2013: Making Room for the New
- Systemic Change in a Pointillist World – Questions from GIA 2013
- Supporting Excellence in the Arts – Lessons from GIA 2013
- Who do arts funders exist to serve? Who should decide where the money goes? Do historic processes serve current needs and goals?
Other GIA Blogs
Category Archives: Talia Gibas
I approached the 2013 Grantmakers in the Arts conference as an opportunity to revisit my roots while stepping out of my comfort zone. I grew up in the Philadelphia area and my first job out of graduate school was in … Continue reading
Our third and final Grantmakers in the Arts conference video blog is our meatiest yet, covering curation as a moral imperative, rethinking the grant panel, expanding outside of our arts silos, and the nature of radical change. Oh, and there … Continue reading
Our second video report from Grantmakers covers arts and social justice as a vehicle for systemic change, a fantastic keynote from playwright Quiara Alegría Hudes, and our field’s “weird dance” with evaluation. Perhaps someday we’ll figure out how to make our … Continue reading
As a special treat to celebrate the Createquity editorial team’s convergence on Philadelphia for the Grantmakers in the Arts conference, we decided to try out a new format: video. In this inaugural go-round, we discuss the arts education preconference, networking, … Continue reading